Many businesses are closed on Christmas Day, but some are keeping their doors open, even for limited hours, to accommodate anyone who needs to pick up last-minute groceries or wants to eat out for the holiday.
Many big box stores such as Costco, Walmart, Best Buy, Love’s, Home Depot and Target were open for last-minute shopping on Christmas Eve but closed for the holiday.
Options are scarce for those who need to pick up some last-minute ingredients for Christmas dinner, although some grocery chains will have some stores open.
- ACME: Some of the 161 Acme stores in the Northeast will be open, but shoppers are encouraged to call their local Acme before heading out.
- Vons, Pavilions: Some Vons and Pavilions stores will be open until 3pm, but customers are also advised to check local opening hours.
- Ralphs: Some Ralphs locations will remain open until 5 p.m
- Safeway: Some Safeway stores will remain open until 7 p.m
Pharmacies that will remain at least partially open include:
- Walgreens: Most Walgreens stores will have reduced hours, but the 24-hour Walgreens will remain open, according to USA Today.
- CVS: Many stores will have reduced Christmas hours, with hours varying by location.
- RiteAid: RiteAid stores are usually open, but hours will vary by location.
For anyone looking to grab a cup of Christmas coffee, many Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts locations will be open, but hours may vary.
STARBUCKS PROJECTS DOUBLE-DIGIT REVENUE GROWTH AS IT ‘REINVENTS’ itself
Some restaurants will also be open. Chain restaurants that will serve patrons for the holiday include Applebee’s, Waffle House, Domino’s, IHOP, Red Lobster, Golden Corral and Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse.
COVER FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO CLICK HERE
Most McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Taco Bell and Pollo Campero locations will also be open, but hours will vary.